Forged Gear Boxes
The High Lifter Engineers chose forged gear boxed over billet because the process of forging eliminates the occurrence of porosity and cavities that can reduce strength in a part. With 8” portals, you want them to be strong; the tight grain structure in our gear boxes makes them mechanically stronger than the alternative! Take on any terrain because these boxes will handle the impact!
- These portal boxes are extremely robust and give you more worry-free miles than any other portal – a badass portal deserves a badass box!
- Strongest boxes on the market because forging produces a tougher piece of metal – It is what it is!
- Forging is stronger than both cast and billet aluminum which is used by the competitor.
- No need to replace factory brake lines, a brake line extension gives you an easier install and saves a lot of time!
Gear Box Venting
- Customers asked for box venting, and we give you the option
- Our box design offers a plug for venting with an optional easy to install kit that will be available soon
- Vent kits allow an advantage of cooling which reduces early deterioration of the gaskets and seals
Gasket Material and Design
- High density Kevlar fiber gaskets plus no additional sealant is needed
- Gasket material is creep resistant plus oil and coolant resistant
- Two oil seals on the spindle shaft for 100% more sealing area
- Dual seals prevent water intrusion and oil leaks
- True triple seal on the input shaft which includes a wiper seal that provides a significant extra layer of protection
- These are the strongest backing plates on the market
- 5/16” steel plate with bent flanges for strength and durability
- Welded gusset brackets and designed to factory off-set
- Works with all control arms that are built to factory hub specifications
- Backing plates have an offset or “CLOCKED” 5” forward & rearward so you can run BIG tires and not interfere with your clearance!
- Precision ground stainless steel rotors (this is a big deal for brake performance)
- Access holes for ease of assembly and disassembly
- Slotted rotor allows for heat dissipation and cooling
- Alloy steel heat treating process increases overall internal and external strength
- CNC precision ground machining ensures excellent fitment and increased strength
- Controlled gear lapping for ease of installation and a quieter performance