GDP Portals Will Revolutionize Your Ride
Whether you’re rock crawling in Utah, mud riding in Texas, or doing chores in Indiana, a 4” GDP Portal Gear Lift is right for you. It doesn’t matter where or how you ride. With your choice of 15% and 30% gear reductions, you can get the right amount of torque for you and your Polaris Ranger 1000. And if you tend to push things harder than your friends, upgrade to dual idler gears for premium strength. These aren’t like other portals-they’ve been refined through years of hard work. We didn’t invent portals, but we did make people give a damn about them.
Dual Idlers Define Strength
Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, we’ve made our dual idler gear portals unlike any other. By placing a second idler gear in the portal box, the load gets spread over twice as much surface area for more reliable torque transfer and the strongest gear set you can get. Two idler gears don’t do a thing if they’re not mated perfectly, though. Precision CNC grinding ensures ours do. Our gears are made from the industry’s toughest 9310 steel alloy. Didn’t think dual idlers mattered? With GDP’s quality and experience, they finally do.
Ride Any Way You Want
GDP Portal Gear Lifts don’t cater to just one kind of rider. They boost performance whether you’re a throttle-down desert rider or a mud-slingin' bounty hole bandit. Get a 15% gear reduction for faster rides with enough torque to start getting wild. If you want the ultimate geared-down, torqued-up ride for monster tires, go with a 30% gear reduction. Upgrade to dual idlers if your friends are tired of dragging you back to the trailer. They give you the extra strength you need.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
The difference between a portal gear reduction and a standard gear reduction is that portals put it right in the hub. Since it’s at the very end of your drivetrain, you get less wear and tear on your axles, differential, prop shafts, and transmission. It’s better than riding on stock.
Every Part Is Built Better
Better performance starts with better strength. Our cast and billet aluminum housings are the thickest and strongest you can get. Combine that with 5/16” backing plates made from an advanced steel alloy, and our portals are unstoppable.
- Our housings are reinforced for gear retention and optimized for oil flow
- Advanced steel alloy backing plates are stronger than chromoly
- Enhance with Portal Blood-gear oil formulated for GDP Portals
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good-we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
Our portals use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets and O-rings with excellent oil resistance and low deterioration rates
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
- Double-angular contact output bearings to prevent premature wear
- Roller idler and drive bearings to maintain perfect gear meshing
Bolster Your UTV with a Frame Stiffener
Big portals and big tires can make everything, well, big. Make sure your stock frame can keep up by adding a SuperATV Frame Stiffener when you install your new portals. It’ll give you the confidence to keep the pedal down.
Top-Rated Customer Service
Still need a little help getting exactly what you need? We’ve got a dedicated team just for portal support. Give us a call so we can get the perfect set of portals in your hands today.
4” Portal Gear Lift Includes:
- (4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings
- (4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs
- (4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates
- (4) Steel caliper mounting plates
- (2) Steel steering arms
- (2) Caliper adapter plates (specific models only)
- Extended brake lines
- All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket
- Frame stiffener (optional)
Max Tire Size Recommendations for 4” Portal Gear Lift
- Max Tire Size: Required Suspension Setup with 4" Portals
- 28.5" : Stock
- 29.5" : 3" Lift Kit
- 31" : 1.5" Forward Front A-Arms
- 31" : 1.5" Forward Front A-Arms and 3" Lift Kit
- 36" : 6" Lift Kit
If you need help figuring out which gear reduction is right for you, check out our portal gear reduction calculator .
Max tire sizes are measured at full compression and full turn. The given tires sizes are the largest we fit without rubbing. With minor trimming or a small amount of rub, larger tire sizes can be used.