Gen 3 Portals Are Geared for All
What do you get when you install SuperATV’s GDP 4” Portal Gear Lift on your Polaris General XP 1000? Try unmatched power and performance paired with the most reliable lift on the market. With your choice of 15% or 30% gear reductions and cast or billet aluminum housings, you can tackle the kind of riding you want. Whatever you decide to do, you’ll have a ride experience unlike anything you’ve ever done before.
GDP-the Most Trusted Name in Portals
Whatever GDP Portal Gear Lift you choose, you can count on them being the best portals you can get. More riders roll on GDP portals than any other portal system. And with thousands of them out on the trail everyday amounting to hundreds of thousands of ride hours, you can bet they’re trail-proven.
Perfect for Mud
The deeper you go, the more you’ll realize how much torque a portal gear reduction really gives you. Plus, that extra ground clearance will keep you from getting swamped. Portals and mud just makes sense.
Learn more about how tire size and gear reduction can unleash your machine’s potential.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
Portals have their gear reduction right in the hub. That makes this gear reduction reduce the stress on your axles, differential, prop shaft, and transmission. You can ride harder than stock and cause less wear. It’s a win-win, and a recipe for fun.
Unmatched Gear Material
We made our gears with the most premium, top-of-the-line gears you can get. They’re made from precision ground 9310 alloy steel so they mate perfectly each and every time. That gives you super smooth, super quiet portals no matter how hard you ride. GDP gives you luxury and performance.
Stronger Housings by Design
You think you can find better housings than GDP housings? Think again. Our housings are stronger by design. We know what makes a housing break and why. That’s why whether you choose a cast or a USA-made 6061 billet aluminum with a dead sexy CNC-machined finish, you’re getting a kick-ass housing with unmatched strength and reliability. We’ve got the experience and the riders on the trail to prove it.
- Our housings are reinforced in all the right places
- They’re built with better oil flow and gearing forces in mind
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good-we know because we tested them
The Strongest Portal Backing Plates You Can Get
We use an advanced steel alloy for our 5/16” thick backing plates. This isn’t your grandfather’s steel, it’s specialized for ultra-high force applications. It’s stronger than chromoly steel and, at that thickness, it’ll outlast your machine’s lifetime. We won’t settle for less on our backing plates, and neither should you.
Advanced Gaskets and Seals
Whether you go with cast or billet, both housings use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets with excellent oil resistance and a lower deterioration rate than Kevlar gaskets
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
Bearings That Rock
Bearings keep everything running smooth. A bad bearing means a busted box. We use roller bearings to hold our idler gear because we don’t compromise on strength. Our output bearing is a double angular contact bearing-that means it can handle huge loads in any direction without wearing prematurely. Our bearings are no joke. They’re built for battle and They’re another piece of the puzzle that makes GDP the best.
Universal Hubs and Slotted Rotors
Our precision-ground, stainless steel slotted rotors stay cool to give you the braking power you need when you need it. And our universal hubs just make your life easier. They come with 4/156, 4/137, 4/115, and 4/110 bolt patterns and lugs-you can fit wheels built for just about any side-by-side in the world on these hubs. We invented the tapered output shaft that our hubs attach to. It provides a more secure lock that won’t wobble or wear over time.
Top-Rated Customer Service
Still need a little help getting exactly what you need? We’ve got a dedicated team just for portal support. Give us a call so we can get the perfect set of portals in your hands today.
4” Portal Gear Lift Includes:
- (4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings.
- (4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs
- (4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates
- (4) Steel caliper mounting plates
- (4) Caliper adapter plates
- (2) Steel steering arms
- Extended brake lines
- All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Cool, quiet, precision-ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel drive shaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets that don’t let anything through
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- Weighs 194 lb. total, which is 50+ lb. lighter than competition
- 14” or larger wheel required
- Cannot exceed 5” backspacing
- Not compatible with dual beadlock wheels
NOTE: Wheels need to have a center hole of at least 3.25" (82.55mm) or require a 1” wheel spacer.